Skip to main content
Building Policies & Procedures
General Building Policies
The Westvaco building is a West Virginia University facility. Alcoholic beverages
and smoking are strictly prohibited.
The Westvaco building is open to educational and research-based functions only.
Social events, such as weddings and receptions, are not permitted.
The building may be opened as early as 7:30 a.m.
Computer or fax
machine capabilities are not provided.
No food is to be left behind and should be thrown away upon the conclusion of
- It shall be the responsibility of the group to communicate any special needs that
may need accommodated.
- It shall be the responsibility of the group to arrange all meals associated with
their reservation. Westvaco does not provide meals as part of any reservation.
- Groups are responsible for all personal items and belongings while using Westvaco.
Adventure WV, the School of Forestry and Natural Resources and the Westvaco Management
Team are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property.
- Groups are responsible for the general cleanliness of the Westvaco building. Failure
to adhere to these responsibilities will result in an additional $100 cleaning
fee. This responsibilities include:
- Trash put in proper receptacles.
- Room arrangements placed back in original form and floor swept (if needed).
- All personal gear removed from the building once the reservation is complete.
- Water is off in both the kitchen and bathroom areas.
- All lights are turned off - except for kitchen
- The group must report any maintenance issue immediately by contacting the Westvaco
Management Team or designated reservation contact.
- All changes to Westvaco reservations should be placed through the WVU Outdoor Education
Center as soon as possible. This changes must be made during normal business
hours (Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM).
- Cancellations made less than 72 hours prior to the reservation date are subject
to a cancellation fee. This fee will reflect up to 20% of the reservation fee.
- Cancellations made by the Organization and/or the Program Contact within 48 hours
of the established program date are subject to pay the entire portion of the
- Cancellations due to weather or other extenuating circumstances (e.g. power outages)
Rental Accommodations and Event Scheduling
- Wi-Fi and hardline internet options exist for rental groups. An Ethernet cable
can be provided upon request. The Wi-Fi password is
GoFirst! This password is case sensitive.
- Although Westvaco is equipped with high speed internet access, be mindful
of group usage. The bandwidth is suitable for 3-5 devices.
Building Accommodations and Usage
- All Westvaco rentals include access to the following rooms.
- Main Presentation Hall - seats 80
- Alumni Conference Room - seats 10
- Outdoor Pavilion and Picnic Area - seats 35
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Men's and Women's bathroom
- Foyer entrance hall and welcoming area
Technology and Instructional Resources
- The following items can be available upon request.
- LCD Projector
Events can be scheduled through the Westvaco Management Team: