Training & Jobs
Adventure WV offers an array of training opportunities for both students and professionals in the experiential and aerial sports field. WVU partners with industry leaders to provide top quality and relevant training and certification opportunities to introduce you to the field, or continue your professional development. Seasonal and part-time positions will be offered on an as-needed basis throughout 2017. Information on upcoming training opportunities and their subsequent positions are located below.
Current offerings are:
WVU Outdoor Education Center Training and Positions
- Challenge Course and Aerial Event Facilitator
- Zip-Line Canopy Tour Guide
- By successfully completing one of the options below, students will have the option of becoming a paid guide at both the WVU OEC and the Boy Scouts of America’s Summit Bechtel Reserve this summer.
- Welcome Week Facilitation Specialist
- Training Options TBA
- Become a part of the Adventure WV community and assist in offering programs to incoming freshmen during WVU’s Welcome Week. Various training dates will be provided throughout the semester and summer months. Training will include introductory group facilitation skills, program logistic support, activity specific technical skills and experiential program delivery. These offers will focus on preparing students to assist during WVU’s Welcome Week – which will occur August 20th-22nd, 2017.
Other Education & Training Opportunities
WVU offers other academic courses which help prepare students for internships and employment in the field of Adventure Programming. To find out more about these opportunities, complete the interest form. Questions? Contact Coy Belknap at Coy.Belknap@mail.wvu.edu – 304.293.7136
WVU Challenge Course
2001 Rec Center Drive
Morgantown WV 26506