1.Participants must be comfortable with participating in activities at heights from 16’ to 40’.
2. Participants must be in moderate to good health; active participation is required. Participants must be able to pull themselves along the cable, and slow themselves using a glove to create friction on the cable. Participants should be able to walk at least one mile.
3. Participants must be able to understand and follow the guide’s instructions.
4. Closed-toe shoes are required while participating in the program.
5. Participants must meet the following weight requirements—minimum weight: 70lbs; maximum weight: 250lbs.
6. Participants must be at least 10 years of age
7. An Acknowledgement of Risk and Assumption of Responsibility form must be signed prior to participation.
8. It is recommended that you consult your physician before engaging in this activity to ensure that you do not have a physical condition that may increase your risk of injury or death during this activity. Participants should notify a staff member if he or she has any of the following conditions as participation is not advised and may be denied:
- Recent, reoccurring, or existing injuries and serious musculoskeletal disorders that would prohibit full participation;
- Medical conditions that could require immediate medical attention such as a seizure disorder.
Canopy Tour Rules
1. Groups must arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time.
2. Groups will proceed at scheduled time with those present, late arrivals will forfeit their spot and will not receive a refund.
3. Participants who are under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or legal drugs that impair participant in any way will be prohibited from participation.
4. Adventure West Virginia staff members reserve the right to deny participation to any Participant if his or her physical or mental condition could endanger self or others.
5. It is the Participant’s responsibility to wear appropriate clothing for the weather. Please note that weather patterns tend to be different than lower lying areas such as Morgantown. Expect colder and windier weather.
6. Canopy Tours operate rain or shine; however, the course may be closed due to severe weather (lightning or high wind). If a Canopy Tour is closed due to severe weather, Participants will receive a rain check (or refund if they are unable to reschedule).
I have read and understood the Canopy Tour Guidelines detailed above. I certify that I am fit to participate and understand the inherent risks and the potentially increased risk to my health and life if I participate with a pre-existing health condition described above. I agree to abide by the rules stated above and assume all responsibilities as outlined above.